As a pilot project in February-May 2012 six students from two different Teacher Training Colleges in Ghent spent time as interns in Karnataka, with logistic support from India Platform..
– 4 students from ‘Arteveldehogeschool’ worked in government primary schools in Kanakapura, cooperating in a project from Sikshana Foundation.
– 2 students from ‘Hogeschool Gent’ worked in a private school and in an orphanage in Shimoga.
It is our plan to support more and more students in this way. Not only teacher training students but any professional education students will be supported in the future.
This project of India Platform is part of the efforts:
– to start up projects where both countries can learn from each other’s educational system
– to realise more personal involvement of individuals form Karnataka and Flanders
– to prepare the ground for joint projects in education
From 2014 onwards students from all domains will be able to do an internship in the framework of this programme.