The stimulation of international mobility and the attraction of researchers from abroad is one of the priorities of the European Research Area.
The Federal Science Policy Office (BELSPO) is contributing to this objective by granting post-doc fellowships to non-EU researchers allowing them to work in a Belgian research team during a given period of time. The ultimate aim is to promote sustainable S&T collaborations between the research institutions and support the research networks.
· hold a doctor’s degree at the date of entry the Fellowship,
· hold the doctor’s degree for less than 6 years on January 1st, 2016,
· not have been domiciled in Belgium for more than 12 months during the last 36 months preceding January 1st, 2016,
· not have already benefitted from a Postdoc Fellowship to non-EU researchers funded by BELSPO,
· have the nationality of a target country,
· be associated to research in one of the target countries.
The target countries are:
· the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa)
· all the African countries
Duration of the stay:
· from 6 to 18 months. This duration will be mentioned in the application form and cannot be extended.
· Exceptionally, the research stay can be divided in 2 periods. This decision needs to be duly justified in the application form.
Belgian host institutions:
The postdoc stay and the subsequent S&T collaborations must take place in the frame of on-going research activities financed by BELSPO. Consequently, at the time of application, the Belgian host organisations and promoters must be involved in an on-going research programme funded by BELSPO or belong to a Federal Scientific Institution.
Information regarding these programmes, related research projects, host organisations and promoters is available in the FEDRA rubric, on the website of BELSPO, http://www.belspo.be/belspo/fedra/intro_en.stm.
Submission of the applications:
The application form is introduced both in hard and electronic copy (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the Federal Science Policy Office by the Belgian promoter and have to be accompanied by:
· a description of the research project to be performed during the stay;
· a recommendation letter, in English, from the director of the candidate’s home institute confirming the possibility that the fellowship holder will be able to resume his/her activities after his/her stay in Belgium;
· a motivation letter from the Belgian promoter, in English.
Only complete applications, introduced via the application form 2016, will be taken into consideration. The candidate is free to produce more than one recommendation letter. Each motivation or recommendation letter should be written in English.
The deadline for application is April 30th, 2016 at 17:00 hour.
A signature of the rector is not required, however you need to mail a copy of the application to the Research Co-ordination Office (Lieve.Huys@UGent.be).
More information and link to application form:
Research Co-ordination Office
Tel.: 0032 92 64 30 28