Improving Performance of Concrete Structures
The choice of this theme is a response to the concerns of the present day societies about
sustainability of their efforts in achieving better standards of living. At the same time, adverse impacts of these efforts on the earth’s environment have to be minimised.
Day 1: 10th February 2014 : Welcome and Registration
• Grand Inaugural, Traditional Indian Invocation and Lamp Lighting,welcome speeches, fib
• Three Plenary Lectures by Torch Bearers of Development of Concrete and a Concrete
• fi b Awards, Presentation
Days 2, 3 and part 4 : 11th to 12th and 3/4th of 13th February 2014
• Presentation of 15 numbers of invited Key Notes from Eminent Experts taking overview of
different facets of the present and the future of concrete.
• Over 400 technical presentations covering all 6 facets of improving the performance of concrete
structures, divided into number of topics of the Congress.
Day 4 part : 1/4th day of 13th February 2014
• Valedictory Session, handing the Congress Bell to next Hosts of fib Congress 2018 and farewell.
Day 5 : 14th February 2014
• Workshop on Durability
• Workshop on use of High-performance Fiber-reinforced Cement-based Composite