The Belgian Federal Holding and Investment Company (SFPI-FPIM)
– manages the Belgian Federal Government’s shareholdings
– cooperates with the Belgian Government on specific projects – delegated assignments
– pursues its own investment policy in the interests of the Belgian company.
An important cluster of its investment policy is dedicated to set up international investment funds in emerging economies such as Brazil, China, and India with a special focus to support Belgian related projects.
By the end of 2015 the total balance sheet of SFPI-FPIM reached over €2 billion, managing an additional €15 billion within its delegated asignments.
Some of the most important assets of SFPI-FPIM are BNP Paribas, Belfius, bpost, Brussels Airport Company, Euronext and Fluxys.
In India, Tara IV has been established.
Investment track record:
– Fund established in 2015 (closing of fund raising in Q2 2016)
– Total capital: up to 100 M USD (6,5 B INR)
– By the end of 2015 more than 120 companies analyzed
– Fund Manager: IIML advised by KOIS
– 11.7 M USD to be invested in Belgian related projects, of which 2.5 M USD in Wallonia
– Target gross multiple of x 2,5 on equity invested, 20% gross IRR
– Experienced team
– Target size of investment: 5 M USD- 15 M USD
– Minority stakes with strong control mechanisms
– Strong societal relevance